SUNDAY NOVEMBER 14th from 1-5PM Old Dynamite Records Space at lower level of THORNES MARKETPLACE 150 Main St in Northampton, MA 01060
Come one, come all to the greatest show on Earth! BOOKAPALOOZA is a fundraiser for EVOLVEGAN, a non-profit dedicated to promoting sustainable lifestyles through skill sharing and conscious evolution.
We are bringing you a earth-friendly way to ease into the holidays with gifts and recipes and community and fun! We will have authors on hand with cookbooks, art and photography books, and more. We will also have a selection of books on vegetarianism, environmentalism, religion, and social justice available from Lantern Books. There will be yummy vegan food to sample and buy (see below).
There will be live art and music performances, a kombucha-making demo, children's activities, a silent auction, raffle, massage table, gift vendors, and unpredictable shenanigans galore!
Whatever you do you won't want to miss the madness that is the first annual Evolvegan BOOKAPALOOZA!!!
FEATURED BOOKS (so far):
- She is a River by Sugati Phillips
- Ninety-Five featuring the farm animal photographs of Derek Goodwin
- Dont Eat Me vegetarian cookbook by Robin Gager
- The Vegan Girls Guide to Life by Melisser Elliott
- Sistah Vegan: Food, Identity, Health, and Society: Black Female Vegans Speak
- The 4-Ingredient Vegan by Maribeth Abrahms
- Books by Martina Robinsonof Mariposa Press: politics, feminism, disability rights
We will also have a selection of books on vegetarianism, environmentalism, religion, and social justice available from Lantern Books
- Bone Flower Botanikals live food delicacies and elixirs.
- Dharma Boutique Fairly Traded, Sacred Gifts from India and Afghanistan
- Divine Treasures Decadent vegan chocolates (available locally at Cornucopia)
- Inspirit Common providing hot chai and metaphysical gifts
- Lantern Books books on vegetarianism, environmentalism, religion, and social justice
- Love Alive - High Vibrational Living Foods for Ecstatic Super-Beings!
- Massages by Susan Brudner (currently scheduling appointments at Karma)
- Oh Sweet Mama's Vegan Bakery Decadent vegan baked goods and wedding cakes
- Solentiname Fair trade colorful hand made gifts from Nicaragua
- Free Food Samples of holiday recipes from the cookbooks we are featuring
- 1:00pm - Tarab Orkestar (music and dance ensemble under the influence of Middle Eastern rhythms)
- 1:45pm - Readings by Featured Authors
- 2:00pm - Spacelord Scott (acoustic intrerlude)
- 2:30pm - Acroyoga Demonstration
- 3:00 PM The Acoustic Kelvins
- 4:00 PM - The Rosettes
- 4:45pm - Closing Banter and Ukulele Dance Party
- 5:00pm - Event Ends
Thanks to our CONTRIBUTORS!:
- Bela Vegetarian Restaurant
- Cafe Evolution
- Clarkdale Fruit Farms
- Collective Copies
- Commonwealth Center for Change (C3)
- Karma vegan restaurant and wellness center
- Karuna Center for Yoga & Healing Arts
- Leah Moses paintings
- Red Fire Farm local CSA
- The Sacred Living Center
- Selena Ditberner Yoga Studio
- Shiva Shakti Yoga Studio
- The Village Day Spa Florence, MA
Special thanks to VEGFUND for a $150 grant to allow us give free food samples at the event!!
Investigate and/or order our featured books online here: